ACF Single Relationship Add New
Welcome to Fancy Fiber Hosting and Designs and our first publicly released WordPress plug-in, ACF Single Relationship Add New. A plug-in designed to add functionality to the excellent plug-in Advanced Custom Fields by Elliot Condon. Advanced Custom Fields expands WordPress functionality by adding several flexible custom field types that can be added to WordPress Posts, Pages and Custom Post Types. The ACF Single Relationship Add New plug-in adds on to Advanced Custom Fields relationship fields, where the relationship is a single entity, by allowing the administrator to add a new value to the related field while editing a current post or page.
- Install the plug-in (standard WordPress installation)
- Set up a relationship field with only one related item (standard Advanced Custom Field configuration)
- Add or Edit a post with the relationship and the new Add New button will show up on the relationship field
- Click the Add New button to open Colorbox add new post for the related item
- Click the publish button and the new item will be added (or click the X button to cancel) and the Colorbox will close
- The newly added item will be available for selection in the relationship list
- Be sure to have Advanced Custom Fields (link) installed and activated first
acf-single-relationship-add-newdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Start using the feature in your admin posts and pages where you have custom relationship fields
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need this plug-in?
Simply, it provides a method to add new relationship items while editing a post or page, so you don’t have to leave your current screen to get a new item to show up.
Even if you were to add in a new window, the new item may not show up in the window you are working on. It is just a time saver, plain and simple.
Why did you use Colorbox instead of Thickbox built into the WordPress Admin?
The desire was to use Thickbox initially, but WordPress administration does some controlling of the size of the thickbox for the media upload and overriding these defaults
would be problematic for site I was working on at the time and presumably other sites as well.
1. The new Add New button on a relationship field
= 1.0 =